I hope you are all keeping safe in the midst of all the crazy! Apologies for the lack of blog posts recently – life has been pretty busy recently after the outbreak of Covid19 and unfortunately, my wedding blog has definitely been neglected.
I’m currently lying in a heap, exhausted from another week of being teacher to P1, P2 and P3 – so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to fill you all in on what’s been happening!
I’ll be honest, the virus is definitely beginning to take its toll! My whole business (like many others) is in complete disarray and my 2020 diary is simply turning out to be one big scribble. This year was meant to be the busiest EVER however I’m just going to have to wait for that to be next year instead. I cant wait and some of the weddings that are still to come are going to be amazing!
To all my Brides and Couples – your planning, hopes and wedding dreams have been completely turned on their head! There is actually nothing anyone can say or do to make this situation any better except to say, “I am here for you, and I can’t wait to be part of your special day whenever that may be.”
What I have tried to do in the interim is highlight some amazing businesses specific to the wedding industry in Ireland. Monday and Thursday night chats on Instagram live have really kept me going and has provided some helpful information for couples who have had to reschedule their wedding or in the midst of their planning. Businesses have included;
- Deborah K Design, Lisburn, Co Antrim – Bespoke wedding jewellery and headpieces
- Peony Bridal, Hillsborough, Co Down – Bridal Shop
- Maria McGuinness – Scissor Sisters Hair, Camlough, Co Armagh – Bridal hairstyling and hair education
- Orla Cunningham – The story of a Bride having to reschedule her destination wedding in Seville, Spain
- Stephanie Hegan – Skin and Tonic.ie, Crossmaglen, Co Armagh – Environ Skincare specialist
- Mary O’Neill Music, Markethill, Co Armagh – Harpist and wedding Singer
- Ditsy Floral Design, Loughbrickland, Co Down – Wedding Flowers
- The Irish Bride – Instagram Wedding Blogger
- Away with the Mixer Cake Artistry, Newry, Co Down – Wedding Cake Specialist
- Karen the Celebrant, Belfast – Humanist Wedding Celebrant Northern Ireland
- Larchfield Estate, Lisburn Co Antrim – Wedding Venue
- Carina from Teambride.ie, Donegal Ireland – Virtual Bridesmaid
- Sew Handy Designs, Banbridge Co Down – Bridal alterations specialist
Still to come over the next two weeks! Instagram Live every Monday and Thursday Night 7.30pm.
- Monday 8th June Evolve by Samara Personal Styling and Consultancy
- Thursday 11th June – Martina from ‘Organise my Wedding Northern Ireland’
- Monday 15th June – John Matthews Deputy Manager Killeavy Castle Co Armagh
- Thursday 18th June – Julie-Anne from ‘Event Planners Northern Ireland’
- Monday 22nd June – Paula from ‘Hello Sugar Photography’ Ireland
- Thursday 25th June – Jo from ‘Familiar Joy’ Wedding Videography Ireland
I’m very excited to get chatting to these wonderful businesses over the next few weeks which should help see us coming out of ‘Lockdown’. Feel free to have a glass in hand and ask any questions that you have.
Take Care and Stay Safe